Monday, November 3, 2008

Sublime Anguish

In the Midst of Darkness there came a small ray of light piercing from the ragged shelter straightly on to my facade. It indicated me of my routine and slowly I stood up on the firm floor pushing myself outside. Another day started in my life aspiring for many things but not having enough courage to think of them. The old torn dress and the half black hair which was never combed in my life signified my status in the society and half filled stomach indicated how I eat once and starve the rest of the day spending the days earning. No matter how I am and what I do the habit of mine to think about possessing great things in life never stopped. I still remember the days when I used to sit hours together watching school children peeping into their books and scribbling something on a white surface with a pointed object. I always wished to be there at least for a day in life. The scant rainfall, hot sun and the rapid winds never taught me what the children learnt at their schools. The old tin having cereal grains never filled up and the situation was so worse that today I need to sweat out more to fill half of my tummy. I had days in my life when I did handful of work but earned nothing and I also remember the days when I begged for food and starved for the whole day.

Thinking all these I walked slowly towards the town and knocked the door of a man who promised me of the days work. Suddenly the door opened and the man in came out rushing and pushed me hard. I couldn’t resist that force and fell down on the near by thorn bush which covered my leg with a red tint all through from my elbow to knee. I wanted to cry hard but the reason of me being there restricted me to do so. I couldn’t question the man y he pushed me or hurt me. He raised his hand showing me the place where I need to go for work and I calmly obeyed him. People who stay in Air-conditioned rooms all the day doing white colored jobs wait for the time to come out and face the hot sun, but here my situation is quite different I never feel happy to be in the hot sun nor I wish to be in Air-conditioned rooms. Imagining about my Anguish whole through out the day has now became a part of my work. Unfortunately thinking about it I moved the axe on to my toe. The pain was so horrible that I felt out of this world for a moment. I resisted it for a moment and continued my work. After the days work when I was moving to my home I again found the school children yelling out poems and songs taught by their teachers I tried uttering those words but couldn’t make it. Suddenly while walking I fell into a deep pit and the darkness which I observed just before I woke up in the morning covered me again and suddenly a strange voice came near me asking me to get up. I slowly opened my eyes and gosh I was surprised that I am in my home and what all I experienced until now was just a dream.

The AC was so chill that I immediately got up and switched it off and the velvet carpet beneath my feet protected my feet from experiencing the cold. I was really amazed about the dream which I had experienced the other night. But it had sowed a seed to an idea in my mind that the people who work day in and day out but ends up earning nothing at the end of day are indeed suffering for just a day’s meal. I thank god who made me experience all these without actually being into their shoes. And from that day I opened up my heart to push out all sort of negatives about those people and invite fresh ideas into my mind to make them and their lives happy and secure. Not only me many people in this world get ideas and thoughts to help the poor and disabled but the thoughts remain as thoughts as they never implement them.

1 comment:

Meenakshi said...

Brilliant writing phani anna.. Keep writing.. U have big thoughts wonderful imagination..I wann to read many more..:)All the best 4 ur future.. May god bless u..